Pastor Dianne E. Haynes welcomes you to attend our services. She is the Founder and Pastor of Sword of the Spirit Church and Sword of the Spirit Ministries, Inc. located in Chicago, Illinois.
Pastor Haynes was called to the ministry in 1977. She is a retired Chicago Public School teacher with a Master's degree in Education from the University of Illinois and a certificate from Moody Bible Institute. She taught Sunday School, along with her mother Bertha M. Ford, at Antioch M.B. Church for many years.
She was baptized in the Holy Spirit in 1977 and accepted her call to the Ministry. She began and taught Bible Studies on the South and West sides of Chicago. As word spread about her anointed Bible studies, attendance increased, many people were ministered to through healing and many were established in the Word of God. In 1983, Pastor Haynes accepted her call to Pastor and established Sword of the Spirit Ministries. Sword of the Spirit Church Chicago has worshipped at it's present location at 6637-43 South King Drive, Chicago, Illinois since September 1986.
Pastor Haynes is an anointed vessel of God, sensitive to the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit. Her standard is the Word of God. She is always fond of saying, "...if you want to help me do ministry, get a life in the Spirit."
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."
We are a "Ministry of Ministers" established by God under the leadership of Pastor Dianne E. Haynes. We are called to the inner city of Chicago with a mission to preach and teach the uncompromised Gospel of Jesus Christ "...who is the same yesterday, today and forever." We are a Non-denominational, Full-Gospel, Bible Believing Church.
1. We believe Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the World. He is the only Way to Salvation. (John 3:16, John 14:6)
2. We believe that all men are born sinners in need of a Savior. (Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23)
3. We believe that everyone must accept Jesus for themselves, believing on Him and receiving Him in their hearts as Lord and Savior in order to be saved. (Romans 10:9-10).
4. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. This gift is for today and is part of the life of the believer. (Acts 1:8, Acts 2:1-4, Mark 16:15-18)
5. We believe that praying in tongues is an important part of the life of the believer. (Jude 20, Romans 8:26-28)
6. We believe in the Gifts of the Spirit - Active today and in the church. (Mark 16:15-18, 1 Corithians 12:1-11)
7. We believe in the "Five-fold Ministry". (Ephesians 4:11-12)
8. We believe in the ministry to the sick by the laying on of hands. We believe God still heals supernaturally today. (Mark 16:18, James 5:14-15)